Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's Almost Here!!

HOLA FAMILIA This week went very well. We had a lot of things happen this week that helped me to realize I need to be more grateful and focus on what I can do to help others! On Monday we worked for only an hour and a half cause we had to go to Durazno to go to changes on Tues. We passed by a less active family and helped them with a small service before a rain storm hit. We also did a few contacts and then headed out. On Tues we did nothing in our area cause we weren't here. I said goodbye to Elder Hudson and Elder Denny who were in the CCM with me this week. It feels really wierd to see them leaving! We had a good leadership meeting and I learned how to be a better steward (stewardship) with my responsibility as a leader and missionary. Wednesday we had some pretty good charlas. We talked to one of our investigators (Daisy) who commited to being baptized after she gets married(we are working with the family as well but the baptism will be later). On Thursday we did our weekly planning that went well and we are excited to see what will happen next week. We also started a fast that day as a zone. The objective was to help us to find a family and prepare them and to help the ones we already had to commit to a date and progress to be baptized. I have to be honest....fasting as a missionary (walking a ton) in 85-90 degree weather wasnt something I was enjoying. I felt I lacked energy and a good attitiude. My comp helped me to realize I needer to do better and ask for additional strength. The rest of the day went well and on Friday we had zone meeting. It was really good...we talked about doing the work in the Lords way and not ours and how we needed to become more like Him. I felt lots of inspiration of what I can do better. We returned to our area and went to work and the miracles from our fast played out. We were able to place two baptismal dates and find two new invesitagators as well. It was a testimony to me of the power in fasting. So we finished the week yesterday with an alright Sunday...could have been better but it went well. Felipe came to church and will be getting baptized on the 29th of this month. He is very excited and played a big part with the primary this week as they put on their program. They talked about how they learn how to choose the right this year and sang quite a few songs. We also had a pretty windy day yesterday which brought rain today. Good thing its P-Day and we dont have to leave in the rain! Elder Chumpitaz said yesterday he laughed harder than he had in his whole mission so far(and I wasn't even trying to be fuuny!). As we were doing contacts and heading to a charla the wind picked up.....I raised my arms and began to sing ``I believe I can fly.`` Then a bunch of sand flew into my mouth! I turned around to spit it out and had my eyes closed at the same time(so the dust didnt get in my eyes). Supposedly a car drove by with an older couple and the lady had a facial expression that can't be described. I dont know cause I didn't see but he laughed for a good 10 mins straight. We talked to our dueños or home owners today and they said everything is ready for Skype! They are also preparing some yummy food and we have to take the drinks! It should be a good time to pass Christmas (I mean besides working to find all the people we can who want to come unto Christ). They have a daughter who lives in Ogden and they talk to her often. So thanks for the invitation and news letter from the ward...I'll have to look up the scriptures. We are going to do our best to focus on the real meaning of Christmas this week and share it with everyone. We might even be singing carols with the other elders as we go from door to door and hang out in the plaza(park). I know that Chirst lives and that He was sent to earth to die for us. He made possible the atonement and the opportunity to repent. I am eternally grateful for His sacrifice. I know that this is the true and restored gospel and our lives are extremely blessed as we abide by its precepts. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and testifies of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that families can be together forever(it was our Sunday school lesson yesterday). I know that in life we have struggles, trials, and temptations but we can overcome them with the help of our loving and ever-willing Heavenly Father. It comes through constant, fervent, and sincere prayer. I know He hears us and he answers our prayers. I hope that everyone continues to do well and will have Christ in the hearts and minds as you go about this week with the many things to do! I love you all! Until next week! UN ABRAZO Y CON AMOR Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment