Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

HOLA FAMILIA Well.....this week went pretty good. We didnt end up having the baptism of Felipe but he is going to be baptized by his grandpa this Saturday! I guess it will be a very good B-Day present! He has progressed really well and knows almost everything. We can tell that he is very excited and has even said that someday he would like to serve a mission. We have also seen how the experience has helped his grandparents progress who are recent converts. We had a great week meditating about Christmas and the birth of the Savior. I am eternally grateful for Him and our Father in Heaven who was willing to send Him. On Christmas day we got together with the other elders and sang carols or chirstmas hymns. It was a productive use of our time and I hope that we will be able to return to some of the families. If not I feel like we shared tidings of great joy and reminded everyone about the true meaning of Christmas. We are having a difficult time finding new investigators and with the ones who do find helping them to progress, but we are setting goals and we are going to follow the spirit to know what they need. We also saw how the use of technology can help as we invited a young woman to check out the church website....she said she liked it! We are going to follow up on Tuesday. My comp and I are excited as the new year comes rolling in to make goals and reach our potential as servants of the Lord. We know that our goal of 4 baptisms in the month of January is very possible if we are commited and do all we can. The district is doing good. We are having a hard time getting people to come to church but no one is letting it discourage them. They told me that they are doing all they can and are going to patiently wait for the blessings to come. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to work with such great missionaries, starting with my comp and moving up to my leaders. They teach me so much that I feel as if they are the leaders. I am definetely very blessed. This week I will be having an intercambio with the elders in Centro and then we will have to have an interview with the zone leaders for the baptism. I havent recieved my packages yet but the zone leaders are going to Deo on Wednesday and I think that theyll pick them up then. Ill let you know! WOW! Youre all so lucky to have recieved snow! I guess Ill get my time but for now its heat(its good for the weight loss program)! I hope that everyone also has a good new year and that you yet those goals and resolutions to do better. I have very excited to make and reach my goals and to see myself and other progress. I hope youre not too trunky because it brings with it consequences. I am trying my best to help as many people as I can and to stay focused. My comp is a stud and helps me a ton. I also have my Heavenly Father who is always willing to help. I am definetely prepared to have the best month of my mission and I sure hope it slows down a little if not I wont be able to enjoy it! I love you all and miss you too. I hope that you are all spiritually preparing for my return as well as the return of some one much greater, the Savior. I know that He lives and loves us. I know that He died for us and His atoning sacrifice is the only way to be purified, prepared, and happy! I know that this is His chruch and that He leads us through a living prophet. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, it has changed my life and can change the life of anyone who has sincere desires to follow Christ, read, and apply it. Thanks for everything! UN ABRAZO Y CON AMOR Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment