Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mission Extension?!?

HOLA FAMILIA First off I have some very important news! Mom please sit down and prepare yourself. It may not be too exciting to you guys but it is definetely good news for me. I was wondering about the date I would finish the mission and I didnt know for a long time but I found out that the delay of time is becase they have extended my mission! That's right....I will be staying here in Guay for a little bit longer so Ill let you know when Ill be getting home! Anyways......this week went great! As you can see in the photos, Felipe got baptized! He was so excited and you could definetely see the happiness beaming from his smile! His grandparents and mom were also very happy and proud of the decision he has made. We were going to eat lunch with them this week but they said they would let us know what day because they want Laura to be there (the daughter and mom of Felipe). She said a prayer at the baptism and got pretty emotional...I can tell that the spirit touched her. The only bad thing is she had to take some tests in Montevideo cause she is a police officer and couldnt be here for the comfirmation but is was a great Sunday anyways. We are excited for this upcoming week and everything that is going to happen. We can see that many people are being prepared and now we have to work our hardest to help them make convenents with Heavenly Father. We only found one new investigator this week which is kind of a bummer but it is one of our goals to do better this week! I feel now more than ever that there is oppostion in all things and the harder I work the more Satan does as well. I know that God will always win and the only thing I can do is work my hardest and give it my all. Our baptism goal for January is 4 and we now have one so 3 more and we will have it. It is going to take a lot of faith and diligence to be able to find this people and place the fechas this week but I know we can do it. The district is doing very well and after a small period that tried their faith they are seeing results. We had 10 investigators in church as a district this week and many less actives and recent converts. I am very excited to see what we will be able to accomplish this week. I am seeing a few changes here in the mission and they are all for the better! I can tell that President Armstrong is being lead by revelation to help all of us become more converted disciples and more powerful teachers. Yesterday we had a great fast and testimony meeting! Our church meetings for this year start at 5:30pm and we end at 8:30pm! Usually we have to be home by eight on Sunday but we have permission to at least be at our meetings. It makes it hard to verify with all the investigators and the district members(missionaries) but I think its a good change. We had 48 people in sacrament meeting which is a few more than usual. Ya....I dont know why but our ward is pretty trunky as well. The bishop (Obispo Tito) thanked me for all that I have done in the area and said that it has been a pleasure to work together. There have also been members praying that I finish fast so that I will be able to go home and be reunited with my family! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS! haha JK! Oh ya I almost forgot to tell you about my extension. Because of all the changes with the new missionaries (they can come younger now) the dates from the MTC missionaries has also changed. They will be arriving earlier to the mission field but will have to change the time here in our mission by a week! They will also be training the new missionaries for an extra day and the means for us who are going home there will be a delay. Its not anything you dont know.....since mom just cant wait for anything and doesnt like surpries (sounds like someone I know?) she already found out. I was origanlly coming home on the 24th but now its the 25th! They means I get another day! It will be like two years and one week of full time service to the Lord! Sorry about the joke but because you are all so trunky you deserve it! :) Thanks for the football update! Its good to know that Ill be home to see that superbowl! Denver vs ??? I also havent recieved my packages yet but I think they may have taking a little bit longer cause of the holidays! I am going to call the offices today and Ill let you know next week! I know that this church is true and it has changed my life! The restored gospel has make me the person that I am and I am eternally grateful for it! I know that Christ lives and he died for us. I know that we can recieve so many more blessings if we truely strive to understand and apply the atonement in our lives! I love you all and miss you! I hope that you continue to do well in everything and I know that my prayers are answered and you are blessed! LES QUIERO MUCHISIMO UN ABRAZO Elder Bowden

No comments:

Post a Comment