Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Only 11 more days!! :)

HEY FAM! Well.........I honestly dont have a lot to say.....I feel really wierd. This is my second to last time I will be writing so....I guess I better write something. Today we are in Durazno. Elder Bennett and I are going to buy some souvenirs today. PS- I took out a good chunk of money from my account. We had what felt like a really good week. We recieved lots of references, contacted them, and found some new invesitgators. The only thing bad is that no one came to church! We had 7 of our 12 recent converts come and 7 members less active but as far as investigators go it was rough. It's not exactly the way I wanted things to happen but I guess I have to do my best and let the Lord do the rest. Its very frustrating when the only thing you desire for people is their happiness and eternal salvation and they just dont follow up. I want more than anything just for them to understand in the same way I do that this things are true and will bless their lives tremendously! I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying the weather! Im not going to lie I am pretty excited to have snow again! Thanks for the talk be Elder Anderson....I feel the same way. I know that the Lord has molded me into a different but more dedicated person to the Savior. I can honestly say that these have been the best two years for my life. It hasn't been easy but I wouldn't trade them for anything else. I love being a missionary and if I could do it again (after seeing my family) I totally would! I know that I have so much more to change and so much more to do to become like the Savior but it is a life long journey and I am grateful for the opportunity to travel it. My packages came and we are definetely going to enjoy them! Thanks a ton! Elder Chumpitaz also says thanks for the Book of Mormon and hymn book! I love you lots and miss you too. I honestly can't believe that it is all coming to an end...its sad to have to leave Uruguay....and all the great people. I am going to miss the place where I have grown so much and become truely converted. I know that this is the only true church on the earth. I know that we are called of God to do His work and that He qualifies us. I know that the Savior lives and died for us and I will never be able to repay Him for the sacrifice He made to give His life for me. I am so grateful to be able to call myself one of His disciples and to show the world by the way I act. I know that families can be together forever. I know that God knows and loves us. I love you all...Until next week....the last week! CON AMOR UN ABRAZO Elder Bowden PS- I dont think I need anything at home. Just insurance, job, basics for life, etc. Oh and LOTS OF PATIENCE because its going to take a long time before I can adapt!

No comments:

Post a Comment