Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Last One!!

HOLA FAMILIA Well......you are right....that has to have been the shortest email you've sent in my entire mission. Its all good though, we can catch up on Friday! I honestly don't have too much to say. I just want to express my gratitude to all those who have impacted and changed my life. Through many family members, friends, leaders, and companions I reached a greater height, became a better person, and most of all a true disciple of Christ. I know that my Heavenly Father has blessed me beyond measure and I am eternally grateful and eternally indebted to Him. I know that these two years have been some of the greatest in my life. The things I have felt, seen, experienced, etc. cannot be expressed with words. I know that my Savior lives and I love Him. He gave His life for me and all those who are willing to repent and follow Him. I know that this is not the end but only another beginning. I know that I have many more years of selfless, dedicated service to my Creator and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ. I am not going to lie.....this feels really weird and I have a lot of crazy things on my mind but I pray that I will still be able to help all those who cross my path. I know that we will see each other on Friday and again be together but that is not my only wish. I only desire that every member of our family sincerely looks to do Gods will and not our will and to keep the commandments. I know that if we do and we are faithful to the end we be be eternally blessed and live together forever. Tonight we will be working here until 7:30pm and then its off to Durazno. Then tomorrow we head to Montevideo. On Wednesday we go to the temple with President Armstrong and then have an FHE. Then Thursday we have to day to visit converts or go site seeing. We will be doing both! I can't believe its coming to an end, it really is a bitter, sweet feeling. I hope everyone is ready to meat the new, improved, and spirtiual Elder Bowden....please be patient. I am fine with being set apart on Saturday...no biggy....it will give me more time to be a missionary and wear the badge! :) I love you all and we will be seeing each other on Friday. Today is the worst part...packing. Thanks so much! I guess I'll finish up with a few scriptures! For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. UN ABRAZO Y TODO MI AMOR Elder Matthew Braun Bowden -Life long servant of my Savior-

No comments:

Post a Comment